The Illinois Medical Oncology Society (IMOS)
The Illinois Medical Oncology Society (IMOS) represents the common interests of a majority of the oncologists treating cancer in Illinois (USA). IMOS is a chapter member of the Association of Community Cancer Centers and an affiliate of the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
The Society was formed July 29, 1989. The mission of this society is to provide advocacy for cancer patients and to promote standards of excellence for high-quality cancer care.
The primary interests of IMOS are:
- To promote the highest professional standards of oncology in the State of Illinois
- To study, research and exchange information, experiences, and ideas leading to improvement in oncology
- To identify and work to improve oncology practice issues that adversely affect patient access to cancer care
- To act as a patient advocate to assure that patients have access to the best available care
- To support and encourage clinical research against cancer.